If you have yet to discover the magic of shapewear then prepare to be impressed! Wearing shapewear is like someone taking an iron and smoothing out every lump or bump you have.
1) Know your size and stick to it. Women sometimes pick a size down for extra control however this can cause a lot of discomfort and can actually make you look bigger. When trying on be sure to wear your underwear for hygienic purposes to see what best fits your shape. Be sure to sit down and walk around while wearing the shapewear to ensure that it fits properly and stays in place.
2) Choose medium bonding to smooth lines, go for extra bonding to contour your shape. A good rule of thumb to follow is the higher the nylon content the more the shapewear will contour your shape. If the material is lightweight and slips through your hands it is more than likely designed to smooth out targeted spots on your body. Heavier shapewear styles usually have compression zones that will suck and tuck your body into shape.
3) High-Waisted Shapewear will Smooth Out Your Torso If you want smooth lines all the way up your torso then the high waisted panty or thong styles are the best to go for. Look for styles that have silicone strips at the top to prevent slippage and pick shapewear that goes up to the bra line for extra smooth lines, also be sure to tuck the shapewear underneath the bra.
4) You tone your legs using tights with shapewear built in The main problem with wearing tights over shapewear is that you are layering nylon blends over each other which will cause your tights to move to the side. The next problem is an extra layer which is created in the thigh region which can cause seams to show from underneath your clothes. To avoid this you should pick the high-waisted shaper shorts with built in compression areas that will help shape your tummy and thighs and bum area while.
5) Pick a full bodysuit for all over shaping The bodysuit is a very popular shapewear style because it creates a head-to-toe smooth contoured shape which will save you the trouble of finding a separate top and bottom shapewear piece. The all over coverage is a great benefit for us women who want to reduce a larger chest but it does flatten your chest like a sports bra does. If that style will not work for you then go for the under bust bodysuit which is cut around the bust that is designed to let you wear your own bra. There are body suits that have built in bras but make sure you know try it on first as you need to make sure your bust will fit along with the rest of your body.
6) Shape your rear without erasing it. If you want to lift your bum and shape it at the same time then go for the shapewear styles with built in pockets that hold your derriere without hiding it or flattening it. Like the support that a bra gives you this shapewear will lift and separate your cheeks to create a fuller looking bottom while also flattening your stomach and smooth out your love handles at the same time.
7) Cotton shapewear for coolness. If you want to stay cool and feel fresh then choose shapewear that is made from cotton which is a natural fibre that will allow your body to breath. Typically shapewear is made from a blend of nylon and spandex which are both synthetic fabrics that don't breathe. Perfect for colder climates or cold weather where you need to retain as much body heat as possible but in hotter weather it can make you sweat and feel uncomfortable.
Is Shapewear Body Positive?
Shapewear is a point of debate in the body positivity movement. And...
Why Breast Cancer Awareness Is So Imp...
Every October, people across the globe come together to raise awa...
The Beginners Guide to Shapewear
Shapewear is super in right now, and everybody is loving it. Celebs...
Age is just a number!!
Photo by Edward Cisneros on Unsplash In fact, we take that back....